• Present data/information confidently both internally and externally.
• Attend community events and build relationships with communities.
• Support organizational learning and development about Indigenous culture.
• Represent the company at CAPP committees and influence external policy.
• Negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to complex challenges.
• Work collaboratively with team members to support team goals.
• Emergency Response support.
• Lead any agreement negotiations/renewal.
• Chair team information sharing meetings
• Ensure agreement implementation assurance.
• Liaise with global colleagues at the company assets around the world.
• Lead internal social metrics reporting.
• Collaborate with Government Relations team on evolving government policy.
• Attend community events where appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 7+ years of experience in an external relations related field.
• 3 – 5 years of experience working in the Oil & Gas sector.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Proficient with strategic planning and contracting processes.
• Demonstrated ability to positively influence others and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions.
• Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Experience working with all levels of an organization.
• Demonstrated personal integrity and self-discipline, and ability to build trust and confidence.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Monday to Friday: 8-hour shift (40 hour/week).
This focus of this position is to support the implementation of the company external relations strategy, which includes partnering with communities to develop mutually beneficial relationships. This position will be responsible for working with both internal and external stakeholders on collaborating and building relationships with Indigenous communities. This role engages with a wide cross section of the company workgroups and leaders to ensure ongoing communication and broad understanding of business needs and community values.