Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Sr. Engineer - Pipeline Design to work on a Permanent contract in Rio de Janeiro,RJ
- Take responsibility for engineering tasks and perform associated calculations:
- Pipeline design based on oil & gas standards: Api, ABS, Dnv, Bv, Gl, Eurocode, etc.
- Detailed Non-Linear FE analyses (lateral / Up-heavel buckling analysis, free span assessment, On-bottom stability analysis)
- Write and check calculation notes, analysis reports, specification of materials .
- Liaise with material and equipment suppliers .
- Ensure interface with the client .
- Support the commercial department: writing of offers, presentation .
- Supervise and coordinate engineers and draughts men .
- Project Management: delivery, cost, operational schedule, reporting .
- Undertake assignments in office, clients’ offices, vessels or on-site
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Naval architecture, Ocean, Mechanical or Marine) .
- 5 years minimum experience with a minimum of 3 years direct offshore pipeline and subsea design experience .
- Preferably gained experience in design engineers/consultants or installation contractors .
- Competent in subsea pipeline design .
- Competent in use of relevant codes and software (Ansys/Abaqus) .
- Specialist knowledge in materials or corrosion beneficial .
- Experience with project management .
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is a clear asset .
- A good team player.
Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation