Our client in Rio de Janeiro is Hiring a Sr. Cost Controller to join their team on a perm position.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for documentation, tracking and reporting of AK Opex and Capex budgets for Production, Maintenance, Well Operations, Safety Environmental Quality, and Logistics Departments. Additional support may also be needed for the ICT (Telecom), Health, and other ancillary groups.
- Coordinate and support budgeting creating and cost optimization actions.
- Ensure correct and consistent cost allocation/ coding of OPEX WBS and Capex AFE.
- Support development of year end, annual and 4-year budget/ spend forecasts
- Assist Department Managers and contract owners by generating reports providing Year to Date and historical spending together with yearend extrapolations as relevant
- Assist Department Managers and contract owners in creating a bottoms-up detailed CAPEX and OPEX budget for their scopes of work. Ensure these budgets are maintained in the CORA forecasting tool.
- Responsible for the timely and quality control of CAPEX and OPEX consistent with project status, invoices received and indications received from Asset Managers
- Develop monthly Accrual data reflects Value of Work done for all AK functional groups (excluding drilling)
- Review value of work complete for all AFE’s and WBS’s with Department Managers and contract owners to ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and annual accruals
- Responsible for initiating the close out of relevant AFE’s and checking close out forms for content prior to their approval by Department Managers or contract owners
- Responsible for providing the final project costs for all close outs and ensure concurrence with Finance
- Ensure tracking of projects costs consistent with authorized amounts. Advise Department Manager, Business Services’ Manager and/or contract owner when a re-authorization may be necessary
- Responsible for timely creation and approval of AFEs prior to commencement of work
- Develop, implement and maintain process to track costs, which help contract managers identify spending trends and opportunities to save money
- Analysis spend and help identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Verify as needed costs are charged/ invoiced per the contract
- Comply with relevant Client Policies and Management System Guidelines (MSG) as far as Project authorization, follow up and close out
- 10+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry preferred, with a minimum of 5 years in finance/ cost administration/ accounting
- University degree or equivalent (preferably Business).
- Experience with budget creation, tracking, accruals and reporting.
- MS Office required, SAP desirable.
- Well organized, able to solve problems and manage competing priorities.
- Great teamwork, results delivery and communications skills.
- Knowledge of drilling and production operations.