Senior Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineer
Contract type: This is a contract role, with day rate based on experience
Experience Required: Experience with Telecoms is required
Time Frame: Start date will be as soon as possible
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Construction, Petrochemical plant, EPC, HSSEQ, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, design calculations, layouts, testing, HAZID, HAZOP, bid analysis
We are a global leader in EPC known throughout Europe for our projects and support. We are expanding our network and have partnered up with Airswift to support us in hiring and are proud to expand our team to include the appointment of a Telecoms Engineer.
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Coordinate and supervise the control and instrumental & telecommunications engineering aspects of the complex project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee, and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications related Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC Contractor and technology Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices and in close conjunction with Owner’s functional departments
- Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Maintenance functions to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
· Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviours, and engagement activities.
· Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineering issues during the EPC phase.
· Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC Contractor key deliverables and other works within the Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications discipline, ensuring compliance with Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications design requirements and the Licensor’s’ PDP’s, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, system, or equipment with relatively few complex features.
· Review and approve the following EPC Contractor’s deliverables:
· Equipment design and development.
· System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
· Testing of materials.
· Specifications and design calculations.
· Designs, drawings, and data by other Contractors’ or by Vendors.
· Engineering studies and reports.
· Material Requisitions for equipment & materials
· Material quantity estimates.
· Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or Subcontractors and prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
· Attend technical meetings with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor, and Vendors.
· Attend all Project technical sessions by the EPC Contractor such as: Design Review Meetings, 3D Model Review
· Meeting, Constructability, SIL, EIA, HAZOP and HAZID etc.
· Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor’s Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
· Supervise and manage the review and approval of EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Owner and Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and industry best practices.
· Coordinate the required Engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to ensure design optimization and validation for the Owner.
· Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Owner requirements
· Coordinate other discipline Engineer’s participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
· Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization
· Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline Engineers
· Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
· Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.