SR. CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR (CIVIL) (Pos. 11.7.42)
Candidate must possess a degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 to 8 years overall experience in Construction of EHV Substations up to 132kV and above with exposure to civil works connected with substation Electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Fire alarm & Loss prevention and Building Services.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to interface and communicate with internal and external departments, agencies, contractors and vendors. Fully conversant with office and Engineering software applications relevant to his discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with EPIC contractor or consultant holding Construction Supervisor position on EHV substations projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise the EPIC contractors during the execution of construction activities at construction site.
- Participate in reviewing detailed design drawings, method statements, material requisitions, and etc.
- Co-ordinate mobilization of contractors on site.
- Supervise and approve construction activities and co-ordinate various aspects of project construction including inspections, material submissions and working drawings from contractors, and processing documentation as required.
- Carryout daily checks on contractor's staff and work carried out during the previous day in order to ensure compliance with prescribed contractual specifications.
- Handle all aspects of Civil Construction activities including site investigations, site surveys.
- Conduct topographical surveys.
- Supervise and handle construction of watertight basement, drainage, plumbing and irrigation works.
- Good knowledge and familiar with architectural finishes.
- Supervise road works, cable trenching and backfilling.
- Supervise steel structural works.
- Supervise and manage major concrete pours.
- Supervise and manage shore protection works.
- Overall knowledge about EHV substation Electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Fire alarm & Loss prevention and Building Services etc.
- Maintain a daily record of progress (daily diary) noting special comments. Reports to supervisor work anomalies or contractual deviations committed by contractor personnel and recommend corrective actions.
- Liaise with quantity surveyors in order to determine physical progress and the amount (%) of completed work for the preparation of related monthly progress and invoices.
- Check and ensure that all building services & construction works are completed in accordance with approved standards consistent with contract specifications.
- Sign work permits on behalf of QP and to ensure that contractor’s compliance with conditions fixed on consolidated work permits
- Participate in development of as-built drawings/documentation.
- Prepare Punch list for finished work prior to hand over to QP by contractor by paying special attention to finished depths, levels and dimensions of various buildings and road works.
- Works closely with other QP Construction Supervisors (Mech. / Elect. / Instrument).
- Report to QP Senior Construction Supervisor on main issues events at site, progress reporting, trends and recommendation for improvement.