Our client is looking for a Senior Completions Engineer to work on a 5-6 months contract in Houston, TX.
- The position reports to the Wells Lead and supports him with robust engineering expertise, delivering high-quality studies, analysis and reports, considering local GoM context and HSE considerations, in particular, Major Risks (Blow Out). He closely collaborates with the Drilling & Wells team, SPS team and the 20K team.
- Defining, engineering, contracting and delivering to Operations a Completion design fitting the Project requirements and complying with the company's referential and US regulations. This covers the reservoir wellbore interface, lower and upper completions.
- Actively participate to the D&Ws and Project HSE initiatives.
- Ensure that all Engineering work covering the position scope is performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
- Propose, promote & implement Digital Solutions in line with the Group, Project and team vision, in coordination with the D&Ws
- Seek new technologies and solutions to optimize the wells design efficiency, to optimize operations and to reduce technical risks, avoid failures and improve Safety of Operations.
- Support the Drilling Engineering team to elaborate the Well Scope of Requirements (WSOR), jointly with the Geosciences team.
- Design the development wells Reservoir Wellbore Interface, Lower Completion & Upper Completion, tubing as per Project BOD and WSOR. The well design should cover construction, production, intervention and Plug & Abandonment considerations over a typical 25 years well life.
- Select and qualify reservoir drilling & completion fluids suitable for the selected Reservoir Wellbore Interface (formation damage, permeability returns…).
- Define with Contractors the technical requirement, design and qualifications for the wire line, slick line and coiled tubing equipment.
- Support in assessing 20K readiness of completion and well intervention equipment and defining qualification requirements. Participate in discussion with the selected Contractor and I3P for the review of Supplier documents and review of subsequent I3P Reports.
- Support the evaluation of the wells duration and cost estimate in coordination with the Drilling & Wells team.
- Prepare RFI, Call For Tenders. Develop technical specifications and commercial scheme, evaluate offers in coordination with the Contract advisor; lead the process and prepare Recommendation To Award dossier.
- Master Degree in Engineering or Equivalent, IWCF, T-BOP, Chain of Command
- 15 years of experience in Completion and Well Intervention activities (Engineering & Operations) including all variety of reservoir wellbore interfaces: Open Hole, Cased Hole, FracPack, Gravel Pack
- 2 years of experience in High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Completion.
- 5 years working in Deepwater / Subsea operations, Experience in Equipment Qualification & QAQC.
- Completion Design, Tubing Design, Well Intervention design, basis of Geosciences (geology & reservoir), Rock Mechanics, Equipment qualifications, Projects, Interpersonal skills, qualification experience to API 17G (ballot and 3rd Edition), Equipment design and qualification HPHT experience including understanding of ASME Div 2 and Div 3 methodology and API 17TR8, Good knowledge of Regulations and approval process for HPHT field development in GOM.
- Software: WellCat.