Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Sr. Community Engagement Advisor to work within their facilities located in Kitimat, BC, for a 12-months assignment.
• Maintain LNG Canada's long-term social license to operate through management of community-level impacts and opportunities
• Maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and identify and resolve issues early
• Ensures effective management of project impacts, reputational risks, and issues at the community level, including regular interface with EPC Contractor and integration across functions
• Contributes to LNG Canada's social investment program, including developing and managing strategic partnerships and programs
• Oversees public regulatory notifications and consultation requirements
• Leads efforts to manage interfaces with other projects/operations alongside LNG Plant construction
• Acts as liaison for site Incident Management Team, with regular participation in training and drills
• Regular internal collaboration with Indigenous Relations and Communications teams
• Minimum of 15-years professional experience with community engagement and impact management in multiple geographies, including in Project settings
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Prior experience developing and implementing social performance plans, including effective mitigation of project impacts and familiarity with socio-economic monitoring.
• Experience carrying out a range of community engagement, project interface, and integration efforts on a major construction project.
Previous experience working with an EPC lumpsum contractor ideal.
• Proven familiarity with regulatory permitting and the ability to design community consultation and engagement processes
• Familiarity with Incident Command System (ICS) with training and Incident Management Team experience