Airswift are pleased to work with our large client based in Qatar to recruit Sr Civil Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional or Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- A strong technical background in water sector with minimum 10 years’ experience in potable water conveyance systems or similar environment, including at least 6 years’ experiences at Supervisory level. Experiences in environmental engineering and quantity surveying is desirable. Experiences in reviewing tenders, estimating, and overseeing contractors is required.
- Demonstrable experience of potable water supply network including expertise in water loss, water data analytics and related asset management.
- Ability to identify and utilize relevant engineering standards and Codes related to civil engineering including AWWA, IWA publications and others related to water industry.
- Good communications and presentation skills with fluency in English
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct discipline engineering activities for projects, from initial concept definition phase through engineering studies, FEED, detailed design and commissioning.
- Create, develop and review work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities. Ensure that the work-scopes are comprehensive and clear.
- Carry out in-house site surveys, engineering / design.
- Produce, review, check and approve in-house designs and specifications.
- Co-ordinate designs, specifications and work-scopes created by multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Develop, update and monitor schedules for engineering activities of in-house work.
- Review and complete designs in accordance with approved standards and QP technical assurance procedures.
- Review and approve method statements created by contracted organizations for scope compliance. Liaise with contracted organizations to resolve technical issues.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing technical services to project executing departments.
- Ensure that the requirements of environmental and safety policies are incorporated into designs and work-scopes.
- Review and approve/reject technical deviations
- Review, evaluate and approve/reject Contract Changes / Variations.
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance.
- Support Head of Technical to review, update and apply QP standards and QPs amendment to external standards.
- Support Qatari Associates development