Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Sr. Administrative Assistant to work on a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
This position will provide direct professional administrative support at the VP level. This high-paced position will assist with a variety of duties related to planning, developing and coordinating activities.
- Liaising with all levels of management including the C-Suite to proactively deal with changing priorities and inquiries.
- Managing the VPs e-mail and calendar as well as receiving and screening telephone calls, mail and visitors.
- Scheduling and coordinating regular meetings with the C-Suite.
- Liaising with directors, managers and departmental staff to request, gather and summarize information.
- Arranging and coordinating supplier visits.
- Supporting Office-Safety programs.
- Developing presentation materials to assist in effective reporting for the senior management and executive management teams.
- Maintaining accurate tracking and recording of document approvals.
- Independently handling general office administration tasks such as coordinating travel arrangements, completing and managing service requests, time entries, maintaining SharePoint data and filing.
- Organizing meetings (internal and offsite) including: setting up Lync and video conferencing equipment; coordinating weekly staff meetings; setting up and facilitating bi-weekly leadership meetings; preparing agenda and logging action items.
- Preparing general correspondence, reports and completing specific research.
- Attending administrative round-tables
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date administrative handbook.
- Support Sharepoint site and updated development
- Senior progressive administrative/secretarial experience preferably in the petroleum industry.
- High school diploma, secretarial diploma, or equivalent training and business experience.
- Excellent proofreading and business writing skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Concur required; SAP would be an asset
- Work collaboratively with the administrative group within Procurement and across SE&P