Our client is a leading organisation and innovator of services and technology in its field with multiple locations nationally. They require an experienced, dynamic SQL Server DBA to join their team.
This position is based in the Perth CBD and will work alongside a larger team of Senior SQL Server and Oracle DBAs. You will be responsible for the development and support of complex SQL Server environments for customers with a mix of DB versions hosted in cloud, on premise or hybrid configurations.
What you'll be doing:
- SQL Server database support.
- Experience with cloud-based IaaS support and migrations.
- Advanced query development, schema changes, database maintenance and optimisation.
- Evaluate, recommend, manage and execute upgrades and technology enhancements as required.
- Monitor performance ensuring that they meet agreed customer SLAs.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support as needed.
- Be expected to share knowledge with other teams (where applicable), and provide guidance and advice.
What you'll need:
- Current relevant Microsoft role-based certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Possess excellent customer facing skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ITIL V3 certification.
- Ability to work both autonomously and part of the larger Support Team.
- Liaise with customers, vendors and be able to make technical decisions in accordance with the overall direction provided.
- Be capable of assessing the effort involved with project/BAU tasks and make realistic estimations on their feasibility.
- Undertake multiple concurrent changes to different applications that may use a variety of Microsoft based technologies.
- Strong experience in complex environments with various data sources and endpoints including on Premise SQL Server, Azure managed instances, on premise SSAS, on premise CRM and Azure Dataverse.
- Experience with IaaS environments: Azure, AWS.
- Experience in delivering BAU support including database monitoring tasks and project work. A demonstrated capability to work on multiple projects Simultaneously.
- Experience in the design, implementation, management and testing of High availability environments that include SQL clusters, Always on and AGs.
- Experience in the installation and management of SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services.
- Experience in database TSQL scripting, automation and performance monitoring.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and commitment to working on call after hours as required.
- Experience working in a large ITIL compliant environment, and
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
What's in it for you:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company and work in a large complex environment amongst a committed and enthusiastic team.
Please apply through the link, to learn more about the opportunity please contact :
08 6146 4342