***Candidates must be eligible to permanently work in the US. This position is a contract position with the possibility to go perm.***
We are seeking a Senior SQL Server Database Developer with Database Administration experience for maintaining and managing multiple databases supporting complex enterprise applications, across production and non-production environments. Further this position will be part of a team which is responsible for providing architectural vision and design, driving efficiency efforts and operational improvements of performance, integrity and security of critical database implementations to meet business needs.
- Design, develop and implement CI & CD processes with database configuration, deployments and updates.
- Ensure that effective monitoring and management systems are in place for overall database health, performance KPIs and statistics.
- Monitor all databases for health, responding to monitoring KPIs before performance is critically degraded or outages occur.
- Log application issues that degrade performance, escalate and work with development teams to address application bugs.
- Work with development and testing teams to define and continually improve approaches for building data required for development and testing.
- Ensure that security practices for Database Servers, access controls and permissions are defined and in place.
- Ensure that sensitive data is protected and secured according to company controls and policies.
- Collaborate and understand database requirements for upcoming development team projects.
- Develop, monitor and maintain database deployment, update and configuration scripts.
- Support development as needed with deployments, configuration and/or script development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, a related field, or equivalent database administration experience
- 10+ years of proven track record in database administration including mastery of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, ETL processes and tools, stored procedures and functions.
- Advanced skills in managing MS SQL Server instances used with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Proven experience with scripting languages including T-SQL and PowerShell, query and index tuning, relational database security design concepts, reporting systems, and data modeling.
- Act as a reference point for others on database schema design, SQL coding and related tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to recommend technical processes, explain technical procedures, and negotiate resolution of work issues.
- Proven ability to work independently to coordinate and solve moderately complex technical data management issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.