Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to seek a Specialist Internal Controls to join them on a 1-years contract (very likely to be extended), in Calgary, AB.
- Manages the day-to-day activities for the company SOX Compliance project
- Acts as the key liaison to the parent company’s internal audit team and ensures that the requirements under its corporate SOX compliance program are met by the company
- Conducts SOX Compliance planning and risk assessments including performing/documenting fraud risk and financial statement risk assessments, developing the risk control matrix (RCM), scheduling work timelines, developing resource requirements, etc.
- Works with the process/control owners in updating process/control documentation, requesting test samples, communicating deficiencies and developing and implementing remediation to address deficiencies
- Provides periodic status update of SOX Compliance project to the Finance management team and the parent company
- Identifies areas for improvement in internal controls and processes and assist process owners in implementing recommendations
- Assists in the development and implementation of new Finance/Accounting policies and/or amendment of existing policies from time to time. Also, assists the Finance management team in addressing employee questions in respect of existing Finance/Accounting policies
- Strong knowledge of and experience on internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience and adequate understanding of information technology general controls as well as financial reporting/accounting application controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- At least three years audit firm experience and three years industry Finance/Accounting experience
- Proficient in Visio flowcharting
- Knowledge with SAP/S4 HANA is an asset