Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Social Performance (SP) Advisor to be based in Brisbane, QLD on a contract assignment until 17th Nov 2021.
The SP Advisor will be a key part of the Social Performance (SP) team and will report to the National Social Performance Manager. The overall objective of the SP team is to create a positive presence and legacy in the communities and countries in which we operate to gain community acceptance for the company's business objectives. This includes our Indigenous Traditional Owner communities. Doing so is crucial for our ambition to strengthen our license to operate and demonstrate that we are a responsible company.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
The position will require a strong understanding of the various components of Social Performance:
- Support SP Manager and Senior SP Advisor to deliver overview of social impacts nationally with proposed solutions for mitigations.
- Support SP Manager and Senior SP Advisor to deliver national local stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Support SP Manager in providing advice to assets, new ventures and businesses as part of their Social Performance strategy.
- Support SP Manager with the implementation of National Social Investment strategy ensuring full and effective contribution from activities.
- Manage national/local and asset level social investment programmes
- Support SP Manager with implementation of measurement and evaluation frameworks.
- With stakeholders, define opportunities for SI to support business improvement, maximise community benefits and minimise risks in line with selected areas and themes.
- Work closely with the C&P Local Content Lead to build a strong understanding of upcoming scopes of work as well as the pre-qualification requirements in order to inform Local Content opportunities.
- Undertake or lead feasibility studies to help inform how the company Australia can improve its local and Indigenous content performance including demonstrating greater inclusion of diverse suppliers.
- Collating an overarching look-ahead of likely contract awards over 12 months and sharing this as appropriate.
- Provide regular SME input and assurance processes on CP’s Local and Indigenous content outcomes.
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Social Performance with demonstrated experience leading SP strategy development, social investment programs, and local content initiatives.
- Demonstrable understanding of the company’s assets, impacts, and associated scopes of activity
- Ability to translate business objectives and social performance imperatives into social performance, local content and social investment plans.
- Experience developing and implementing social investment programs with measured outcomes, measurement and evaluation frameworks, and exit strategies.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills - Ability to secure the trust of a wide range of stakeholders including senior leaders, community stakeholders, social investment delivery partners and colleagues by showing exemplary personal behaviours, collaboration and high performance to achieve maximum commercial value for the company as a whole.
- Self-starter showing high degree of personal initiative, drive, and desire to come up with creative solutions; ability to work independently, balance competing priorities and manage workload.