Key Role: Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer
Key Skills: CI/CD, DevOps, Machine Learning, C++, Python, AWS experience
Location: Bay Area, San Francisco
Contract: This is a permanent position
Salary / Package: Negotiable, includes equity and an excellent package
Timeframe: ASAP, interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Our business unlocks the value of confidential data using cutting-edge technology built upon years of published research by leading computer scientists. Organizations have vast amounts of confidential data locked down due to privacy concerns. We make confidential data useful by enabling secure analytics and machine learning on encrypted data that comes from one or more sources. We enable organizations to analyse encrypted data in the cloud using popular tools like Apache Spark, while ensuring that their data is never exposed unencrypted to the cloud provider.
Key Responsibilities and Background:
- Optimize software development workflows for engineering and operational efficiency.
- Use our own data and AI platform to analyse build and test logs and metrics to identify key areas for improvement.
- Design and implement automated build, test, and release infrastructures.
- Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses, and release packaging.
- Build DevOps pipeline
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- Passion for automation and improving engineering productivity.
- Proficient in Java/Scala, C/C++, or Python.
- Experience with modern build systems, e.g., Bazel, Maven, Gradle.
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks.
- Optional: Data engineering and data science experience with Apache Spark.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground level of a rapidly growing company. You will work on disruptive technology in a start-up environment, enabling new possibilities for privacy focused data analytics. You will be passionate about working with these technologies and designing and implementing these processes. This opportunity gives you the freedom to publish your work and develop your career opportunities, contributing to a team of bright minded engineers. The team have fostered a vibrant, collaborative working culture, with pride in the strength of their commercial and technical expertise. Our business is an equal opportunities employer, committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Alex Stanforth at email@example.com.