We are working with an Oil & Gas E&P to source a SMP Fabrication Engineer. This is a contract basis role working on a 2X1 working schedule based in Dongara, WA. Please see details below;
Title: SMP Fabrication Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 9 months contract (potential for extension)
Location: Dongara, WA
Working Schedule: 2x1 (2weeks on, 1 week off. Mon-Sat as 10 hour days and then Sun is 5 hour day. Work 65 hours per week of swing)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership on HSE and Quality
- Assist to deliver the project safely, to the required quality standards, on schedule, on budget, and meeting the specified performance guarantees.
- Perform SMP Fabrication Engineering activities at the Pre-Assembly Yard and on Site in support of the Company team responsible for delivering the Project scope, both on a day-today basis and also with regards to medium to long term strategy.
- Implement the contracting strategies and assist management in the successful execution of the EPC contract.
- Assist to deliver the Project to meet the internal requirements with regards to the above.
- Assist Facilities Fabrication Engineer in managing project interaction with the EPC Contractor on fabrication activities at Site, and EPC Contractor’s Pre-Assembly Yard and sub-contractors as required.
- Focus on ensuring that the EPC Contractor is meeting Mechanical Completion requirements to enable seamless transition to Commissioning and Operations.
- Assist with safe and timely transfer of Care, Custody and Control of the project to the Company Operations group.
- Participate as a member of the Company site-based team, cognisant of the structure of the EPC contract and understanding of the pressures and specific challenges of working on site.
- Site presence will be roster-based (2 weeks on, 1 week off, 65 hours per week). General
- Understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders, and work with them to build strong relationships.
- Maintain proactive and effective communications, internally and externally, focused on working collaboratively to achieve the desired outcome.
- Interact as required with the EPC Contractor, other contractors, internal and external stakeholders with respect to the project scope.
- Proactively monitor and manage, relevant to the role, the EPC Contractor’s performance across HSE, Quality, Schedule and Performance Warranty.
- Maintain a focus on minimising the Company exposure on costs for the EPC contract, with a focus to minimizing change and variations except where agreed and approved internally.
- Demonstrable visible leadership and experience with regards to HSSE and Quality.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience, with degree or trade qualification. Operator level experience preferred.
- Proactive style and energetic nature. Able to work autonomously and within a team.
- Understanding of lump sum EPC contracts and ability to work collaboratively with contractors.
- Demonstrable competency in site-based roles related to onshore gas plants.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning experience and/or operational experience including transfer to Operations highly desirable.
- Sound organizational skills, including multitasking, time-management and influencing without authority
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
GENERAL HSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each employee has the responsibility to ensure that the Company’s Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) provisions are maintained at the highest level and each employee must:
- Ensure familiarity with and act in accordance with Company HSE Policies and all related HSE management standards and procedures.
- Undertake work in a manner that does not present a risk to themselves, others or the environment.
- Identify and report hazards in the workplace and work proactively to seek system improvements.
- Advise fellow employees of hazardous situations.
- Wear appropriate PPE and comply with safe work procedures at worksites.
- Assist new employees in the use of relevant work procedures and practices.
- Not engage in an activity that requires a certificate unless the relevant certificate or permit is held.
- Not attempt any task unless they are capable and competent to carry out that task.
- Except for an approved maintenance or repair procedure, must not interfere with, remove, displace or make ineffective any safeguard, safety device, equipment or appliance provided for HSE purposes.
- Fulfil Emergency Management roles as necessary and participate in emergency response exercises
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to email@example.com