We are seeking a SLP Engineer - Human Factors Specialist to work in Schiedam, NL on a 1-year (with possible extension) contract!
- Develop safety and loss prevention deliverables and studies, ensuring that they are technically correct, issued on schedule, communicated & documented property. Such deliverables may include safety concept and basis of design; fire protection basis of design; hazardous area classification schedule and layouts; escape route drawings; loose fire fighting equipment; hydraulic firewater calculations; Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA); Fire & Explosion risk analysis (FERA); Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA); smoke, toxic gas and hydrocarbon gas dispersion; etc.
- Identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of the management of major hazards (by reducing likelihood and potential consequences of fires and explosions.
- To support the preparation, review, and development of safety engineering documentation in accordance with the Group Technical Standards to ensure safety in the design of oil and gas facilities.
- To support the development of risk management, ensuring that all design aspects are justified and the risks reduced to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- To identify and write specifications for the loss prevention aspects applicable to the Company's products.
- To use appropriate software for analyses, calculations and design aids (e.g. PHAST).
- To design the fire and gas detection-, fire fighting- and safety systems on a FPSO and/or turret including specification of the major equipment.
- Perform detailed design of all loss prevention systems for FPSO and/or turret including the preparation of equipment specifications; fire fighting P&ID's; input to the cause and effect diagrams; hazardous area zoning layouts; safety plans and calculations.
- Participate in HAZOP, design reviews and other safety reviews.
- To monitor and review internal drawings, specifications and documentation related to loss prevention systems and related matters.
- To perform safety and risk engineering in conformance with all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes.
- To answer queries arising from clients, contractors, site supervisors or internal company departments on the hazard management aspects of the Company's products.
- To prepare formal responses to comments from clients and classification societies on drawings and specifications.
- To attend and contribute to internal Company/departmental/project meetings where safety systems and equipment are discussed.
- To perform identification and justification of environmental requirements in design
- To review and / or apply Human Factors Engineering criteria in design
- Know-how, Problem Solving skills, Accountability and Competencies aligned with Grade and Job Level
- Bachelor or Master Degree Level qualified in a relevant subject of study i.e. Fire Engineering, Fire Risk Engineering; Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering; or an engineering background with a proven track record in Safety Engineering.
- More than 2 years relevant experience knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
If you believe this role is for you, please apply here and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org