Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Site Planning Engineer to be based in Afungi, Mozambique. The role will be offered with a long-term contract and a negotiable daily rate. The work will be executed on a rotational basis. Current COVID quarantine measures require a 6/4 weeks rotation schedule, this will revert to a more conventional 4/4 weeks rotation when possible
Reporting to the Onshore Planning Lead, the Site Planning Engineer is responsible for supporting the Onshore site Planning team and ensure delivery of a robust and effective planning and progress measurement system to control, monitor and report the progress of the work associated with the Construction and Commissioning of the facilities.
- Specify, implement and maintain robust and effective planning, progress measurement and reporting procedures
- Supervise, train and develop as required, the National staff of the planning team to ensure that staff have the required standard and competencies
- Oversight of the planning, progress measurement and reporting activities of all Execution Contractors
- Preparing planning and progress status reports for Management which provide full visibility of all trends and highlight any deviations from the plan
- Preparing the necessary project planning and scheduling procedures and support to Value Assurance Framework, PDP, PEP and/or other project documentation
- Supporting consultants engaged to carry out periodical Schedule Risk Analyses
- Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
- Input and analyze data in the Planning applications to ensure project data integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field is preferred
- Extensive experience gained as a Planning Engineer withing engineering and construction projects within the oil and gas industry.
- Ideally have Site based Planning experience gained within a remote location
- LNG project experience would be beneficial
- Solid technical skills, with thorough knowledge of project control principles and work methods including, Earned Value Measurement (EVM), Critical Path Scheduling (CPS) and Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA).
- Knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts.
- Demonstratable and strong capability with Primavera P6