Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to search for a Site Mechanical Inspector to work on a 2 years assignment in Kitimat, BC.
• Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
• Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
• Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
• Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer’s recommendations / specifications and has a certification.
• Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier’s recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
• Verify Human Factor Engineering (HFE) requirement (accessibility of valve, field run piping) against specification.
• Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiencies.
• Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
• Requires certification(s) in Mechanical/Material Engineering and at least 10 years of relevant site experience applying the discipline skill in Oil and Gas projects.
• Preferably certified CWI, CGSB, API or NDE.
• Have competency in the use and assessment of Safety Management System and procedures.
• Familiar with the Flawless Project Delivery and Flawless Surveillance Program.
• Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc)
• Able to read and understand Drawings
• Understand Project Completion System and able to use it
• Able to issue and follow up Non-Conformance Reports
• Able to review and approve Supplier’s/Contractor’s Quality Plans
• Able to review and approve Supplier’s/Contractor’s ITPs and Quality Procedures
• Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate / perform /participate Quality Audit