Airswift is looking for a Site Manager to work on an initial 12-months contract in Hyannis, MA.
Lead all on-site activities for large/complex project site work to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
- Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones.
- Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Responsible for assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities
- Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the company’s H&S plan.
- Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policies
- Empowered to suspend any activities on site in case of HSE violation
- Ensures the correct handling, storage and installation of the company’s delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics
- Manages the sub-contractors on site
- Controls project cost for the project site work, monitors actual spend against forecasts, and estimates final cost for the same.
- Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Coordinates local accommodation, site facilities, office equipment, petty cash, etc.
- Minimum 10 years field experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 4 years field experience in electrical substations high voltage transmission
- NFPA 70E standards
- EPC project experience is an asset
- Valid driver’s license