We are looking for a Site Lead / Site Manager to work in Mauritania with one of our major clients!
Mobilisation to Mauritania: Nov-2021
Working with the Project Delivery Lead the In-Country Site Manager will play a key role in site safety leadership and contractor oversight to deliver the Subsea activity in the Mauritania & Senegal region for the GTA Project.
The role will have oversight of the subsea marine supply bases, crew reception terminal and spool fabrication and testing activities in Mauritania and Senegal. This role is responsible for the safety and performance management of these worksites. The role will be primary contact between the worksites and Subsea office for support and intervention as well as the liaison with the offshore construction vessels.
This role will be part of the Subsea Project Team, based in Mauritania with regular travel to Senegal.
- Site safety leader (SSL) for the in-country yards.
- Coordinate the company site team and liaise with bp office/offshore teams on a daily basis
- Provide surveillance and performance management of the contractor in-country sites
- Provide oversight of cost control and invoice management – i.e. managing a reimbursable scope of work
- Provide oversight of logistics and material management / importation
- Coordinate company service support activities
- Engineering degree or equivalent vocational qualifications
Essential experience and job requirements
- Safety leadership experience and commitment to excellent safety performance
- Experience in heavy fabrication environment, including familiarity with CS and CRA linepipe welding, field joint coating, UT and hydrotest activities with working knowledge of construction codes and standards
- Experience with application of quality management principles and processes
- Experience in working in remote and frontier environments, can work in a high intensity multi-cultured environment with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- Experience with onshore lifting and transportation, including heavy lift and over dimensional packages
- Supervisory and contractor management experience and familiarity with management of reimbursable contracts and application for payment (AFP) process
- Experience with tubular management, handling, storage and preservation
- Marine construction experience, including familiar with general marine and quayside operations and sea-fastening activities
- Familiar with logistics, customs and freight forwarding activities.
- Good communication and management skills
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Fluent in French preferable
- Experience in working in Mauritania