Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Construction Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, management and success of all on-site construction activities and on-site resources. The position will be based in New Zealand overseeing the construction of a wind farm project.
Location- Taranaki Region - NZ (Site based)
Duration- Contract - Day rate - 12 months
MUST BE BASED IN NEW ZEALAND
- Lead and develop a team that models company values and high standards of performance.
- Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Objectives.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within the company's organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviours.
- Achieves a culture of excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas.
- Responsible for the site budget, cost centre management, and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience in Managing EPC Construction sites, preferably with wind farm construction experience
- Demonstrable experience in construction with an electrical or mechanical background preferred, either through a trade or engineering qualification.
- Leadership of site-based subcontractors and employees that has resulted in a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Craneage/heavy lifting experience including understanding of lift studies and planning and executing works methodologies (for mobile cranes).
- Strong understanding of the financial impact of decisions with respect to project budgets and organization objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills.
- Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act independently and exercise judgment and discretion within the scope of the position.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to partner with various stakeholders to effectively manage projects across functions and geographies in required.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.