Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Site Based Senior Electrical Engineer to join them in Rotterdam, The Netherlands on a 6-month (renewable) contract.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients in select and define phase to assist developing basis of design and scope of work
- Support the customer in developing future project scope
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Able to prepare discipline deliverables from FEED to Detail engineering for small-medium and large projects
- Responsible for a wide range of activities from develop scope, conduct feasibility studies all the way to provide support during execution/detail phase of the project
- Site experience, Construction, Commissioning and start-up experience, desirable
- Performing a wide range of LV/HV Electrical Engineering & Design tasks
- Responsible for the preparation of all discipline deliverables
- Ensure compliance with specifications, national/international codes IEC/NEN /customer requirements/ ATEX
- Able to perform calculations required for sizing & selection of electrical equipment
- Power system studies and protection settings capabilities is desirable: LF, SCC & motor starting, as minimum (preferable VISION or ETAP)
- Prepare specification for purchase of electrical equipment and materials (inc. technical bid evaluation and review of Vendor documentation)
- Provide technical advice to site team /replying TQs & STQs
- Preparation of complete construction packages
- Provide technical support to site activities
- Ensure interfaces are covered properly in the electrical design (interdisciplinary/customer/vendors/contractors)
- 10 – 15 years experience
- Fluency in Dutch
- Able to handle multiple projects & customers, and liaising priorities with Lead or Project manager
- Solid knowledge on electrical standards, regulations and design codes: IEEE, IEC, NEN
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical engineering and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry and developing leadership skills.
- Some job site or factory experience.