Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Civil Structural Lead Engineer to lead the Civil/Architectural Design Aspects in mono- or multidisciplinary projects from conceptual design to realization in their facilities located in Delfzijl, Netherlands under a 12-month contract.
This role is based on the Delfzijl site. From here, you will perform all design work in the field of Civil Engineering/Engineering and always work in accordance with the client, national and international standards, HSE guidelines and operational guidelines and regulatory requirements for site infrastructure.
For example, you are responsible for project development and realization, project scope, budget, planning and coordination for your own professional discipline, based on the wishes of the customer. You manage uncertainties at all times and maintain a core focus on meeting the client's requirements and you strive to deliver projects within the project budget and timeframe. You also provide technical support in negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers.
For this, you must supervise engineering agencies and contractors and also supervise work by executing parties. You'll also translate legal requirements into new ways of working, standards and procedures, while monitoring compliance and taking corrective action when needed.
Managing and directing the design process is an important aspect of the role and you introduce and integrate new installations and equipment into production. In doing so, you strive for (eco)efficient, effective and reliable production processes and design work.
In the field of maintenance, you advise on preventive and / or corrective maintenance work with the aim of guaranteeing high reliability, reproducibility and usability of installations, controls and equipment.
Furthermore, where applicable, you carry out (risk) analyses and advice by collecting, interpreting and editing (new) process-related data and developments. You also report on risk analyses of new installations / equipment and advise on necessary adjustments on request or on your own initiative.
Continuous improvement is at the heart of all our activities and you strive at all times to identify opportunities for improvements in design work, installations and equipment and work processes.
In addition, you provide management information through the documented design work, constructions and calculations. In addition, you provide insight into quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodic and ad hoc reports and / or analyses to your organization. This enables management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) strategic decisions.
• You have excellent technical skills. Design skills is an advantage.
• You have industrial work experience at existing factory locations in both steel and concrete.
• Thorough knowledge of the Dutch building regulations "Bouwbesluit", soil remediation, structural safety (e.g. CE) and fire-resistant safety aspects.
• Can prepare and check concrete and steel calculations.
• Knowledge of STAAD and Technosoft is preferred.
• You have a strong sense of responsibility and are driven by quality.
• Health and safety is number #1 for you and you take responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects. Of course, you show this from your exemplary function.
• Proactive attitude. Effective communication with project team members and all stakeholders.
• Good Dutch and English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Minimum bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
• Candidates must (or will become) VCA VOL certified
• Travel flexibly and in possession of a valid driver's license.
• 10 years of experience in field engineering, construction management, commissioning of industrial buildings and structures;