Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a SIEM Security Engineer to work in their facilities located in Houston a 6-month contract.
This position will work as part of the IT Security & Compliance team to administer and support the tools that monitor and protect our client's information assets and systems, in particular, our Splunk Enterprise environment.
Work location is onsite in Houston, TX.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in network administration, server administration, or workstation administration
- 3+ years of experience with Splunk Enterprise engineering/administration
- Ability to configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot on-premise Splunk Enterprise infrastructure
- Ability to develop advanced queries using SPL or other scripting tools to develop dashboards, designing data models, developing correlation rules, and perform log data analysis
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to create documentation of process, define technical specifications, and draw network & system architecture diagrams
- Ability to perform ad hoc support with strong analytical skills for troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following items are preferred:
- Splunk Certified Admin or Architect
- Experience implementing and supporting Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) tools