About the company
Our client is a successful and leading Oil and Gas company based in PNG. They are passionate about delivering social and economic change and aspire to set the standards for private sector contribution to sustainable development.
About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Shutdown Quality Control Coordinator for a field based role based in Papua New Guinea on a short term contract. Reporting to the Shutdown Lead, the Shutdown QC Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing quality control processes and systems that are consistently utilised by the shutdown workforce to ensure all work is completed to the required quality procedures, standards and specifications.
The role will also be responsible for monitoring and advising on the performance of the shutdown quality management system, producing data and reporting on performance, measuring against set standards.
- Attractive salary, plus allowances
- Major Oil and Gas company
- Short term contract
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- The preparation of the shutdown QA manual including control and supervision of all amendments and revisions
- Control and the distribution of all the shutdowns quality documentation
- Monitor all quality related activities on the shutdown
- Oversee all internal and external quality audits on behalf of the shutdown
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- The preparation and control of quality system management documentation prior to commencement of the shutdown.
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Monitor the disposition of all issued nonconformance reports.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities prior to and during the shutdown period.
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customers representatives.
- Control all achieve documentation upon the completion of the shutdown.
- Supports the Shutdown Coordinator in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site.
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
- Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned.
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Coordinates the relevant Tracking Systems for correct identification of materials.
- Supports the Welding & Non Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities.
- Cooperates to issue the Welding Procedures