Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Shift Chemist to work within their facilities located in West Side, Singapore for a permanent assignment.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Responsible for testing raw materials, process control and finish products to ensure they are conform to test methods, specification and correct inspection plan all applicable lows & comply Quality Management system.
- The individual’s responsibilities towards EHSS (Environment Health Safety and Security) standard include his/her own work, as well as enforcing the rules and procedures in all of the work done in the company.
- EHSS Compliance and Legislations
- Engage in site EHSS activities and initiative E.g. Timely complete EHSS Training, report safety observations, near miss, participate in Job Safety Analysis, support audits, correction of hazards and unsafe conditions, support EHSS investigations.
- Quality Control
- Operate analytical equipment such as GC, GCMS, HPLC, FTIR spectrophotometer for analysis of process line sample and final blend samples as per test plan for quality check. Ensure accurate data generation and entry of records into LIMS. Verify incoming raw material quality according the established operation procedures and safety risk assessment.
- in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and able to perform accurate chemical analysis with minimal supervision.
- Develop standard operating procedures comply to ISO9001:2015. Participate in timely Safety Risk Assessment review of lab operations.
- Perform periodic equipment calibration to ensure equipment is producing accurate test results & all time ready. Ensure lab measurement system is accordance to the operation guideline. e.g. Gauge Repeatability Reproducibility (GRR), Control charting, verification method.
- Knowledge of various operations and analytical techniques to interpret material characterization by using analytical instruments.
- Conduct and support laboratory root cause(s) investigation on laboratory equipment failure and result abnormalities. Take initiative to conduct preparation and laboratory analysis on unusual test results to determine the cause of the non-conformance and correct.
- Able to use statistical calculation to interpreter data by using statistical tools.
Qualifications and requirements
- Min. Diploma or Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Chemical Process Technology, Bioscience or equivalent.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably with chemical wet laboratory operation experience
- Experience and knowledge of analytical and wet lab equipment maintenance/operation and result analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Quality standards & test methods
- Operation of analytical & Chromatographic equipment’s and Material characterization by understanding product specification & process control.
- Plastic colour matching & controlling experience is added advantage.
- Able to understand operation lab software’s like LIMS, XLS sheet.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing environment working with standard production control tools - LIMS, SAP system will be an added advantage.