Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for SHES Specialist to work for Camp Accommodation Project under the LNG expansion multi-billion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Supports Camp activities with ovesight to the EPC CONTRACTOR and Sub-contractors on construction activities during project execution to ensure compliance with Project & RLC SHES requirements.
- Helps ensure that the Project SHES requirements are planned, implemented, verified and that where necessary, improvement opportunities are discussed and executed.
- Liaises with CONTRACTOR and Subcontractor SHES groups to ensure all construction activities relevant to the scope of work of the assigned area are in full compliance with Project SHES Plans & Procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among Project Team.
- Provide oversight and guidance for SHES, regulatory compliance and performance during project execution including RLC regulatory requirements.
- In field-based role, liaise with PMT, CONTRACTOR, Subcontractor, vendor, suppliers as needed.
- Liase daily with CONTRACTOR field representatives and SHES officers to ensure the effective implementation of all Project & RLC SHES requirements.
- Support the day to day activities of the CONTRACTOR / Subcontractor SHES Officers to maximize their effectiveness in the field.
- Monitor skills development and effectiveness of CONTRACTOR / Subcontractor SHES Officers.
- Develop strategies to capitalize on trends / progress improvements based on SHES data.
- Meet project timeline commitments without compromising the core project SHES principles.
- Provide leadership and support to CONTRACTOR and Subcontractor SHES networks with particular emphasis on less empowered and experienced SHES Officers.
- Plan and implement through strong leadership, field strategies to monitor the effectiveness of Onshore Project safety campaigns, task instructions and risk / hazard management programs.
- Monitor effectiveness of communications to the work force through awareness bulletins, toolbox talks, LMRA, Job Safety Observation Cards, safety alerts, lessons learned, etc.
- Monitor effectiveness of emergency response drills and exercises and provide input to emergency response improvement plans. Participate in drills as required.
- Undertake special SHES assignments as required by the SHES Head.
- Support the integration of behavioural safety programs into the overall project SHES management system.
- Participate and lead incident investigations as required.
- Regularly inspect work site for unsafe work practices & conditions and intervene as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with RLC, CONTRACTOR and Subcontractor SHES personnel.
- Assist with SHES training.
- Lead and/ or participate in SHES audits as required by the Project Audit Schedule and assist during formal audits.
- Daily PTW review to ensure all PTW’s and supporting documentation requirements are fully and properly implemented, including RLC CPWs.
- Daily review of critical items that remain open from audits, reviews, inspections etc. and communicate late closure to responsible parties.
- Provide a daily report of activities and findings within area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance to CONTRACTOR with regards to deficiencies found in CPWs’, PTW’s, JSA’s, Method Statements, etc., during audits, reviews, inspections, walkthroughs etc.
- Provide night-shift coverage for PMT Construction SHES section as required.
- SHES related NVQ level 5; or equivalent.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in major Construction Projects with major Oil and Gas companies (including brown-field work).
- Experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Experience in auditing SHES management systems.
- Knowledge of construction permit to work systems utilized on major projects.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
- Strong written and spoken English; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.