Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for SHES Division Manager to work for multi-billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
- Support the NFXP CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert safety, health, environment and security (SHES) advice and guidance to all COMPANY and Contractor Project Area Division Managers, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the Company Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
- Manage all aspects of the COMPANY’s Project SHES management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract Exhibit 5, Appendix III, SHES Instructions Part 1 to 5.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- The role is a key position having a significant impact on the health and safety of all Project Personnel through application of behaviours, individual decision making, operational control or individual action.
- This position is involved in the management of environmental and regulatory affairs throughout the project duration and collaborates with relevant departments, Area Division Managers and disciplines to protect the sensitive environment and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- This role has key responsibilities for security and supports security management by collaborating with approved security service providers and personnel and provide relevant guidance to security personnel.
- Job holder manages activities of assigned team, implements approved SHES objectives, develops solutions to SHES related issues using initiative, project procedures, best practices and personal knowledge and experience.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Supports the onboarding of the CONTRACTOR in terms of implementation of the SHES Management System and facilitation of the timely review approval of the contract SHES deliverables.
- Ensures that suitable COMPANY oversight is provided for CONTRACTOR, Vendors and Sub-contractors to implement and sustain the NFXP NFE Onshore SHES requirements.
- Provides support to the PMT SHES personnel to identify solutions for SHES issues in support of line management who have overall SHES responsibility for achieving SHES objectives.
- Monitors the Contract SHES performance based on agreed performance indicators and provide strategic advice and guidance for improvement of areas of the SHES Management System that are ineffective. Timely report areas of concerns to the Project SHES Manager and CONTRACTOR.
- Provides guidance and stewardship for the COMPANY Leadership Team, to ensure they are fully engaged and active participants in the overall Project SHES Management program. Support the efforts of the Area Division Manager and Field SHES personnel to ensure that the Project SHES standards are integrated across all Contract scope of work areas.
- Demonstrates positive leadership through attendance at key Project activities such as management walk-throughs, award programs, welfare events, Incident and Injury Free (IIF) activities, tool-box meetings, steering committee meetings and incident review meetings.
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years industry relevant HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
Technical and Business Skills
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Able to cope with excessive workload.
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyse complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate and confident user of Microsoft office applications, email and internet.