Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in Oil & Gas Industry to seek a SEQ Offshore Safety Specialist to work in their facilities located in Houma, Louisiana on a 12-months renewable contract.
The SEQ Offshore Safety Specialist Provides safety, environmental and audit support to company’s Gulf of Mexico operations. Primary liaison between company Field Operations and SEQ Department.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Assure the implementation of SEQ IMS and company HSE MSG’s, including compliance, training and record keeping.
- Input information into the SEQ Integrated Management System, (SharePoint) and use its procedures, work instructions, and documentation.
- Audits and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with all OSHA, OHSAS, ISO, and BSEE, EPA and USCG regulations and company policies.
- Performs safety, health and environmental inspections/audits and monitors work practices to ensure employees perform jobs in compliance with regulatory and company safety policies and programs.
- Develops, coordinates, conducts, and documents safety, environmental and process safety training. May administer safety programs to contractors.
- Facilitates and/or leads Incident Investigations for significant events involving company or contractor injury, illness, spills, fires, equipment loss or damage as directed by management.
- Advise, recommend, and monitor the selection and proper use of PPE, emergency response and rescue equipment in the workplace.
- Provide feedback, expertise, and support in the development, communication and implementation of new or revised HSE related policies/procedures/regulations.
- Assist as directed in the planning, communication, observation and verification of Contractor compliance with company and/or regulatory HSE related policies, procedures, requirements.
- Support the objectives field safety team efforts to identify hazards, perform risk assessments, communicate best practices, or implement recommended solutions.
- Assist as directed to develop, communicate, and distribute Safety Alerts and Lessons Learned from incidents.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- HSE Sensitive Roles
Previous education & experience required:
- BS Degree with preference in Occupational Safety or Industrial hygiene or equivalent environmental/safety experience in the offshore oil and gas environment
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum of five-year experience with Marine Vessel and Marine Terminals
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Experience in auditing of OSHA, OHSA, NFPA, BSEE, ISO, EPA, USCG and ICS programs
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Oil & Gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.