Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Structure Engineer to work within their facilities located in Singapore for a 1year contract assignment.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- To provide engineering support and expertise for structural scope, encompassing the complete project life cycle (tendering, FEED, execution inclusive of integration).
- Review the engineering deliverables prepared by the topsides module contractor as planned by line Manager and Lead.
Job Purpose :
- Take a senior pro-active role in the design / selection of major structural components (e.g. topside modules, flare, module support stools, offloading platforms, hull appurtenances at large) – always keeping in mind safety and cost efficiency and ensuring the design meets regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Write-up / review / endorse key specifications within field of expertise (design basis, design brief, steel material specifications, lifting specifications, to name a few)
- Check assessments from subcontractors, peers and less senior colleagues.
- Check constructability and functionality of design when required
- Approve structural drawings (when delegated by lead engineer)
- Develop and / or validate Material Take-Offs for the afore-mentioned structures and weight estimates
- Actively drive the development of relevant RFQ’s for module yards, integration yards and equipment packages and prepare technical bid evaluations (input)
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines to achieve optimal design results, including relevant input and comments from/to other disciplines
- Monitoring of the topside weight
- Work closely with and actively support Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams
- Engage in technical clarifications with clients, suppliers, class and yard
- Follow-up of construction (site support) and integration / installation activities
- Act as a mentor and resource for new employees, less experienced colleagues and consultants
- Can act as a deputy for the lead engineer on projects during his absence
Mandatory (must have) requirements:
- At least 8 - 10 years of work experience in O&G sector
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in EPCC project
- Experience in floaters type design aspect is preferred (Conceptual Study, FEED and Detailed Design).
- SACS software fluency
‘Nice to have’:
- Finite Element knowledge and hands-on practice on plated / ship-shaped structures
- Yard exposure
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Structure, Civil, Mechanical or other closely related discipline)