Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Senior Structure Engineer to work within their facilities located in Singapore for 2-year contract.
To independently handle critical engineering deliverables, manage certain structural scope of work effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and budget for the assigned project, and assist project structural lead to resolve critical structural issues of the project.
- Understands deeply the specific specifications and requirements of the assigned project and Industry Standards, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Assists project structural lead to develop structural specifications, typical drawings and guidelines of the assigned project and validates them with the Lead Engineer before issuing them for use (i.e., as the detailed engineering guidance, and including them in the RFQs etc.).
- Independently designs, builds up the analysis model, performs analysis and prepares report for topside module structure or location marine structures (i.e. flare tower foundations etc.)
- Independently communicates with engineering subcontractor or consultant, reviews their analysis model and report and performs optimization.
- Provides technical /engineering support and advice to Construction work, responds to Technical Queries, reviews technical documents, and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support.
- Carries out structural analysis of complex structures, prepares structural documents (drawings, material take-off, weight control report and analysis report) where necessary.
- Takes care of all structural related issues with vendors supplying mechanical packages and EPC package
- With enough construction experience accumulated, in charge of quality of structural drawings submitted from engineering subcontractor/consultant.
- Participates in meetings with construction and integration sites, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issue, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceed timely and smoothly.
- Closely interacts and assists Lead Structure Engineer in coordinating with other disciplines.
- Provides technical support and solutions at bidding / FEED stage.
- Provides after-sales technical support and solutions for technical queries raised by Operation team.
- Complies with the HSSEQ Code of Conduct as described in the HSSEQ Policies, the 14 HSEQ Standards, and the HSEQ Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Complies with Company Group’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and Policies to ensure business activities and decisions conform to the laws and regulations and demonstrates high standard of ethical behaviour.
- Provides review and evaluation on technical proposal from subcontractors and vendors in consultation with project lead engineer.
- Does not evaluate and decide on the monetary aspects.
- Has no accountability on staff resource matters.
- Has to occasionally mentor juniors (i.e., GET) and guide them for career development.
- Reports to Structure Section Manager. On any matters relating to the assigned project, reports to Lead Engineer/Engineering Manager of the assigned Project.
- Deals with sub-contractor/Construction sites/suppliers on technical/engineering aspects.
- Deals with client if applicable
- Deals with internal stakeholders on technical matters.
- Bachelor’s in civil/structural/mechanical/ship building engineering or above. Alternatively, Diploma in Engineering with relevant years of working experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in structural engineering in oil and gas sector or shipyard industries for bachelor’s degree holder
- Proficient in Software: MS office, Auto CAD and Navisworks, SACS, Staad.Pro, FEMAP-NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS or other FEM / CFD software
- Willing to be based overseas for project assignments to engineering contractor’s office, fabrication yard and project site.
- Having good level of English proficiency.
- This position is open to local Singaporean or PR status.