Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Senior Structural Engineer to join them in Paris, France on a 6-month contract.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- You will be specializing in the design and analysis of offshore subsea structures and piping on Tenders, FEED or Projects
- Provide specialist skills in key areas of subsea structure and piping engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements, and current good engineering practice
- Produce and check deliverables, which may include design FEA calculations, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions
- Provide design calculations for offshore structures
- Review structure and piping drawings to be in line with design calculation and defined concepts
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed
- Engineering degree or equivalent and experience within Oil and Gas structural design or other Energy sector
- Experience in use of NSO ISYMOST, ABAQUS or other similar FEA software
- Standard use of CAD software and able to extract data from CAD model
- Ability to prioritize, organize and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Able to provide analysis support for projects using analysis packages
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, SCM, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Fluency in English