We are currently working with a Major Oil & Gas contractor to source for Senior Structural Engineer. This is a full-time role on an initial 12 months contract based in Perth, Australia. Please see details below;
Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Type: Full-time 12 Months Contract (potential for extension)
Location: Perth, WA
- Reporting to the lead structural engineer, you will be supporting the delivery of technical engineering deliverables that meet the Company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for design and documentation of related elements relating to steel and concrete structures
- Preparation of the structural design calculations for works including :
- Design of Pipe supports
- Cable ladder supports
- Equipment Footings
- Structures footings
- Concrete slab design
- Modification of steelwork in existing structures
- Integrity check of the existing structures
- Detailed checking of calculations prepared by junior members of the team
- Assist in vendor management.
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- Assist in coordinating multidisciplinary scopes.
- Presenting designs and running design review meetings within the team as well as with the client.
- Preparing material requisitions and Scope of Works
- Participates in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering degree
- 10 years plus experience in structural engineering design in brownfield oil & gas or mining industry
- Ability to undertake short term travel to site if required
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of workflow and systems relating to oil and gas projects is desirable but not essential.
- Competency in StaadPro and Mat3D is essential
- Familiar with using Australian design codes including AS3600, AS4100, AS1170 is required
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Worked in team with diverse background
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org