Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Contract Duration: 12 months
Work Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Target Start date: TBC
You will provide civil engineering services to our customer, including technical support and supervision within the civil engineering team.
• You have excellent skills in engineering with ability to work on complex multi-office projects;
• You have onshore brownfield petrochemical experience in both steel and concrete and are proficient with STAAD; Knowledge on Technosoft is also a preference.
• You like to keep track of the latest technologies and you get a kick out of developing and implementing these technologies and methods to improve the efficiency, accuracy and productivity of the department;
• You have a strong sense of responsibility and you are driven by quality management system is being followed (including any special contractual requirements);
• Health and safety is nr #1 for you and you take personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, of course you demonstrate this by example
• Can prepare and check concrete and steel calculations.
• Experience working with remote staff, such as in India.
• Pro-active attitude. Effective communication with project team members and all stakeholders.
• Flexible for travelling / site visits. In possession of a valid driving license.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering qualification.
• Candidates shall be (or become) VCA VOL certified
• Adequate knowledge of Euro Codes and local annexes
• Extensive brown field experience. Site experience.
• 10 to 15 years experience from which 5+years experience is in onshore petrochemical
• Good Dutch and English communication skills, both written and verbal
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the civil engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in civil engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Yasmin Lelot