SENIOR SQS COORDINATOR
Location: Skellefteå, Sweden (3 weeks on / 1 week off rotation)
Contract duration: initial 12 month assignment, potential to extend with approx. 3+ years of work on the project
Contract type: hourly / daily rate + accommodation provided
Start Date: November 2022
Project: Battery Giga-factory (Sweden)
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Sweden and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior SQS Coordinator to support a billion-dollar, large chemicals processing facility project being delivered and constructed in Skelleftea, Sweden. The successful individual(s) will be engaged on a contract basis for an initial 12 month period, with the likelihood of a further 2 - 3 years of work on the project.
General Purpose of Role
Senior SQS Coordinators are responsible for teams typically larger than 15 inspectors. Facilitates the effective implementation of the supplier evaluation and inspection programs within project. Ensure effective service and product verification and inspection programs are established consistent with criticality assessments and contractual and regulatory obligations. Manages SQS functions including project SQS execution planning, non-conformance management, supplier audits and project reporting and inspection release processes. Works closely with the Project team to ensure project requirements are met. Individuals are concerned with both technical direction and administration of the inspectors assigned to them. Although they may get involved with complex inspection duties or coordination, their primary concern is with administration and technical quality of work being done.
Additional Technical Information
Ensure inspection personnel possess prerequisite technical competencies for the scope of supply they are assigned to verify and are suitably trained to access and apply the applicable aspects of the Company Management and Knowledge System.
- Review and sign Technical Bid Evaluations
- Pre-award audits if required (Would require ISO 9001:2015 lead audit qualification for supplier audits)
- Review of Criticality Ratings and agree inspection level with engineering and sign if satisfactory
- Review Material Requisitions/SRDL, comment and sign if satisfactory
- Develop a Surveillance Plan to be issued with the Requisition
- Review and comment of suppliers quality documents, NDT, Welding, Post Weld Heat treatment, Material Certification, Inspection Test Plans, Quality Plans etc.
- Chairs Pre-inspection meetings and creates minutes of meeting
- Develop Inspection assignment register
- Develop the SQS Execution Plan (For Project)
- Arrange inspections based on the Inspection notification form, based on the Inspection assignment register and update (Doing this alone would help greatly)
- Monitoring supplier Non-conformances to closure
- Reviewing inspection reports and signing if satisfactory
- Issuing the Inspection Release Certificate (After final inspection, NCR’s closed and all documents at final code)
Global Level Details
Global Level Summary - Team/Process leader or manager in limited functions possessing advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within a technical/professional discipline requiring extensive academic preparation or equivalent work experience. Possesses advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities and a strong awareness of larger team/department strategies and customer needs. Where operating as a manager, the role is typically a first-line manager with full authority for personnel actions.
Typical Qualifications - University Degree, or equivalent, in related field with no previous management experience. Typically 7+ years relevant experience in related field. Requires broad knowledge of at least one functional area, with limited knowledge of other related functions.
Decision Making - Manages single, less complex functions. Responsible for the daily administration of company policies and processes in order for the functional group to meet business objectives.
Supervision Received - Works with self-initiated interaction with supervisor and self-initiated technical guidance. Broad duties assigned at beginning of projects. Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities, and critical areas that impinge on work of other units. Work is reviewed to ensure policy conformity and soundness of approach. Informed guidance is available.
Supervision Authority - Manages and directs work directly or through supervisors.
Communication - Effectively communicate to staff and construction project team. Strong ability to Inform and persuade on complex matters through preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports, as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
Systems, Processes & Tools - Strong understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues.