SENIOR SITE PROJECT PLANNER
Location: Skellefteå, Sweden (3 weeks on / 1 week off rotation)
Contract duration: initial 12 month assignment, potential to extend with approx. 3+ years of work on the project
Contract type: hourly / daily rate + accommodation provided
Start Date: January 2023
Project: Battery Giga-factory (Sweden)
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Sweden and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Site Project Planner to support a billion-dollar, large chemicals processing facility project being delivered and constructed in Skelleftea, Sweden. The successful individual(s) will be engaged on a contract basis for an initial 12 month period, with the likelihood of a further 2 - 3 years of work on the project.
The Senior Site Project Planner is present to both manage and guide sub-contractor planning requirements and to maintain the Company master control schedule. Weekly updating of the Company master control schedule in Primavera P6 and weekly reporting and forecasting is an essential part of this role.
- Provide construction input to the project throughout the engineering, procurement and construction phases using construction knowledge and experience.
- Assist with aspects of the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy.
- Prepare, and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements to project management and engineering leads, procurement and the construction site management and supervision.
- Assist with development of construction work packs to support project execution as required
- Liaise with engineers and Construction Management throughout to maximise the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability.
- Review the project requirements, and the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues, and assist with the overall schedule and the construction execution plan.
- In conjunction with the Materials Coordinator, monitor the shipping/delivery forecasts to ensure the project schedule is met
- Assist with dates for turnover of the systems, and groups of systems, setting realistic milestones for the Construction Contractors to achieve
Person Specifications – Qualifications / Training
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction/site based EPCm planning role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using Primavera P6 planning application
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience with construction plans and specifications, tracking TQs and submittal's, and developing project documentation
- Experience tracking and analysing cost and schedule and knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera is essential
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct field labour