Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is seeking a Sr. Shutdown Planner to join their team on a 18 month contract assignment, working in Fort St John, BC.
Turnaround / Outage Planner
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define and prepare work packages for Mechanical/Static/Rotating Machinery/Electrical and Instrumentation & piping work in process units.
- Manage assigned WO’s and backlog by priority and finish dates.
- Prepare weekly and six weeks look ahead planning and update Scheduler on activities within the area.
- Liaise with Operations, Engineering and other key stakeholders to review and validate scope of work order
- Perform detailed planning, scheduling, resources estimation and allocation, progress and performance reporting in complex process plant.
- Scope out each job through site visits and discussion or meetings with relevant stakeholders – understand the level of planning detail and documentation appropriate for each individual job
- Identify steps on the work order based on specifications/procedures and Vendor best practices
- Identify parts and services required to do the job and initiate the ordering process
- Interact with Vendors on technical side
- Generate bill of materials and identify materials with long lead delivery
- Laisse and coordinate with E&I planers, EHT, Engineering and/or any other specialty to generate the work pack
- Review along with execution the field execution plan
- Be involved in routine/forced outages and scope of work creation
- Maintain work orders/notifications to provide integrity of history tracking and maintenance repair costs data
- Provide input and continuous improvement of the maintenance, planning, scheduling and data integrity processes and standards
- Participate in the development of the Mechanical/Static/Rotating Machinery maintenance plans
- Assist Supply Chain Management Group with initiatives for inventory reduction and control through reclassifying and cataloging of material in the CMMS
- Coordinate with the maintenance team, Engineering support and Operations to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities and development of ongoing improvements
- Integrate the safety reviews of the work packages involving all disciplines
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Coach Junior Planners in the WO and planning process
- Be willing to support weekend coverage on an if required basis
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements establish within the Safety Management System set out by the Client
- Comply with all regulations and legislative requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta and environmental standards
- Typically, 5+ years of related industry experience with interprovincial red seal in Boilermaker trade, Technical Diploma, University Degree (Mechanical Engineer) or equivalent.
- Planning certification would be an asset.
- Expertise in:
- Boilermaker trade in a maintenance Planning
- Maintenance planning in an upgrader, refinery, Gas Plant or other industrial plant setting
- Planning, budgeting and estimation
- SAP or equivalent CMMS
- Microsoft Office Suite & MS Project
- Working in a fast pace environment with a proactive mindset
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.