About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Safety Advisor for an exciting structural maintenance works project on an iconic Brisbane landmark. Based in Kangaroo Point, this will be a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension. The primary focus for this role is on providing safety support for the Story Bridge repainting project as well as a range of structural maintenance works on the Story Bridge and other structures.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, the relevant Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental and Quality policies and procedures in the field.
- Ability to provide Workplace Health & Safety services to the Construction Branch, including monitoring performance, producing reports, analysing data, identify trends and proposing strategies to continually improve performance.
- Investigation skills in undertaking health and safety audits, investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous events.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of management and staff groups, provide credible, professional advice and present high quality Workplace Health and Safety training and education programs.
- Drivers Licence
- Accreditation as a Workplace Health & Safety Officer under the Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Construction Industry White Card
- Safe Work at Heights training
- Sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety issues in the construction and maintenance industry, particularly in the structural maintenance field.
- Knowledge of industrial blasting and painting works and associated Workplace Health and Safety issues.