Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E)
Dublin, Ireland (remote initially with travel to FAB shop near Dublin and Leixlip potentially)
Contract – 12 months+
Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Group and where appropriate Client’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all quality and operational procedures are always adhered to
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Assisting with the management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the life cycle of the project.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Clients, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage project change order procedures and IFB (Issued for Bid) to IFC (Issued for Construction) reconciliation process and agree costs with client.
- Review client provided monthly valuations (SOVs) and prepare payment certs.
- Undertake cost analysis for all project work including providing project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
- Advise Commercial Manager and/or Project Director on annual pricing adjustment opportunity for material categories and labour, and consolidate justification for submission to Client
- Perform risk, value management, and cost control
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and analyse costings, bills of quantities
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Value completed work and arrange payments to subcontractors
Recognised Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or MRICS designation
- Experience in QS role
- Ability in Project Management and delivery vs deadlines
- Previous relevant experience within Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure or Defence with strong and demonstrable mechanical and electrical scopes exposure
- Successfully operated within businesses and sectors with extensive exposure to multi-year, multi-service framework agreements
- Successfully negotiated good outcomes from post-contract variation identification and valuation
- Self-starter in nature with strong communication, self-confidence and organizational skills to underpin the dynamic nature of this role
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Commercial diligence
- Experience in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance arrangement
Behaviours and Personal Qualities:
- Conducts and/or supervises complex tasks requiring advanced knowledge of key skills or a thorough working knowledge of a range of key skills
- Develops wide range of collaborative links within the organisation, actively seeking opportunities to extend network
- Participates appropriately in the identification of hazards, the assessment of risk and the identification of required control measures
- Generates new ideas and good at putting into the wider context
- Identifies and considers conflicting or ambiguous data in problem solving
- Manages progress against schedule and monitors against quality standards
- Demonstrates ability to interpret relevant commercial and/or legal obligations of role
- Demonstrates good knowledge and understanding of HSE behaviours and expectations
- Provides technical coaching / professional guidance, and assists in the development of others
- Looks for opportunities before being asked and presents new ideas or approaches
- Deals effectively with pressure and conflicting priorities
- Works to develop team spirit and co-operation