MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Project Engineers provide engineering support and leadership skills to projects, tendering activities, engineering studies, vessels & equipment and/or offshore engineering processes. Work may be carried out onshore, onsite or offshore, therefore there is a requirement to go offshore with this position.
Senior Project Engineer will provide support to the execution of technical project objectives and with guidance, develops and applies a working knowledge of:
- Diver less subsea construction techniques, equipment and methods (including estimation and planning of construction and UK & GIRM activities)
- Offshore operations onboard ROV support vessel.
- Isolation and barrier testing.
- Rigging/sea fastening design, equipment and methods (including any legislative and regulatory requirements)
- Basic vessel motion response theory
- Basic knowledge of fabrication/construction contracting methods, with good commercial awareness.
- Understanding of health and safety best practice and legislative requirements.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- With guidance from the Senior Engineer, evaluates, organises and prioritises work.
- Responsible for the development of project-specific procedures for the implementation of work to be carried out by onshore & offshore personnel in accordance with UK & GIRM minimum standards. This may include some liaison directly with clients and subcontractors.
- With guidance from Senior Engineers select suitable equipment to perform operational tasks offshore, checking all aspects of the equipment to ensure it is operated safely and efficiently with suitable certification provided to meet statutory regulations. Also liaise with vessel departments and third-party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and fully compatible with offshore worksite.
- Be involved in the design of installation aids and other equipment required for use offshore or for use onshore in preparation for offshore activities. Carry out monitoring of this through to fabrication and delivery, ensuring that the company’s quality procedures and relevant codes/standards are applied wherever applicable. Ensure ITP witness and hold points are managed in accordance with the overall project Quality Plan.
- Witness directly or liaise with UK & GIRM Inspectors to ensure that suitable contractual activities such as load test, trial fits, are being carried out in accordance with minimum requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of any engineering analysis of tasks relating to installation, to ensure the structural/operational integrity of the equipment during installation.
- Signs and issues technical documentation as originator accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is delivered to the vessel in suitable state for mobilisation of project, including supplier visits and inspections.
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Represents the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, Subcontractors, 3rd Parties etc., in a technical capacity.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Be involved as required in HAZID studies, HIRAs, SRAs & TRA’s of tasks detailed in the procedures.
- Note any contractual variations during project ensuring all necessary documentation is in place to support commercial claims disputed upon completion of project.
- Assist commercial department as required, in reviewing documentation or during bid activities.
- Oversee the mobilisation/demobilisation of vessels to ensure that all equipment is handled in the correct manner and everyone involved is aware of all safety and technical aspects of the mob/demob.
- Provide all necessary technical briefings to offshore personnel ensuring that the overall working and safety philosophy of the project is fully understood by offshore personnel.
- Issue Procedures & Task plans ensuring that all relevant safety and quality issues to include hold witness points are included in task plan.
- Provide technical assistance to all offshore personnel to permit work to be implemented in accordance with approved procedure.
- Identify any deviations from procedures and manage the change through Change Control procedure.
- Assess any offshore requests for additional works and follow Site Instruction process as necessary.
- Document any impact of change on the schedule, as-builts or anything else relating to the vessel, with the approval of Offshore Manager / Client.
- Assist with the management of all project specific third-party contractors confirming all technical & operational aspects of the contract are observed.
- Present / perform toolbox talks and ensure all safety and quality issues, either from TRA’s or procedures, are passed to all personnel involved in tasks, (ie. hold and witness requirements).
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS
- Clients and client nominated 3rd parties for development of projects, technical reviews and input into studies / tenders.
- Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity
- UK & GIRM nominated 3rd parties for vessel systems.
- Project Manager
- Engineering and Construction Manager
- Principal Engineer
- UK & GIRM Services and Products divisions
- Central Engineering
- SCM, QA and HSEQ project personnel
- Previous Subsea UK & GIRM and Construction experience is essential
- Ability to function within a team across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time and change control accordingly
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers. Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development
- Language skills particularly in French or Portuguese would be highly advantageous.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, however demonstrable industry experience is equally valid.
- Offshore Medical and survival certificates are desirable, however a willingness to travel offshore is essential