Senior Project Engineer
Our Client a Major Oil & Gas Contractor require a Senior Project Engineer to join the Subsea Engineering division for new scoped project work
Reporting to a Principal or Lead Engineer or an Engineering Manager as appropriate, a Senior Engineer provides engineering and technical expertise to the project team, supporting more senior engineers or managers. The requirement is to produce detailed engineering to deliver project work, managing aspects of the team as agreed with the Management team. Work may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects. Senior Engineers may be technical specialists within a specific discipline and support the knowledge management and technology initiatives relating to the discipline. Work may be carried out onshore or offshore, depending upon the particular discipline in question.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in project or discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
· Under limited supervision, independently evaluates, organises and prioritises work.
· Undertakes responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
· Signs and issues technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
· May direct small teams.
· May agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports. Where necessary provide day to day guidance and coaching.
· Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
· Represents the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, Subcontractors, 3rd Parties etc., in a technical capacity.
· Trains / mentors more junior engineers.
Skills & Experience:
· Degree level in relevant engineering discipline
· Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience
· General knowledge of project management and administration
· Acquainted in Legislation and Standards as relevant for the area of responsibility
· Technical expert within his/her group
· Familiar with technical software within his/her field.
· Familiar with Safety and Quality policy within the subsea industry
· Familiar with design, drafting, sub-contracting, and procurement procedures
· Upholds company core values and reputation both internally and externally
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Han Yeang on +61 8 6146 4343