Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Senior Project Accountant to work in their facilities located in Superior, WI on a 12 months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Work with the Project Controls Manager (PCM) and Project Cost Analyst (PCA) on the project
- Understand in detail the WBS structure of the project and all underlying support and assumptions for variance analysis reporting of actual/incurred costs versus budget
- Become proficient with SAP / Business Objects BI Reporting through leveraging of other subject matter experts on site who run AFE / WBS cost reports, Open P.O. Commitment Reports, etc.
- Attend regular meetings with the Project Team (contractor meetings, internal project meetings, contract reviews, etc.) and take detailed minutes to manage action items along with the PCM and ensure some form of "RAID" (Risks, Action Items, Issues, Decisions) document impacting cost control is being managed by the PCM
- Liaise with SRC Finance Manager in the process of analyzing and providing commentary on variances highlighted in standard management reports including but not limited to capital additions / WBS cost reports, resource loaded schedule reports, labor productivity reports, etc.
- Assist PCM with Cash Flow forecasting, AFE change requests and other ad hoc reporting requests being made to the PCM
- Provide analysis to support Management Discussion and Analysis and press release information
- Work with the Finance Manager to identify and assist in implementation of corrective actions to close variances identified in monthly reporting and forecast analysis
- Understand and help enforce any Financial approval/authority matrixes for invoices, scope changes, field approvals, transfers from contingency or between scopes, etc.
- Working with SRC Finance Manager and Accounting Staff, ensure the month-end cut-off process is adhered to for SRP month-end accruals (pre-post accrual validation against budget and post-accrual validation in SAP against pre-post files) and validate accuracy of those accruals by P.O. / WBS
- Ensure invoices are being coded to proper WBS / cost element codes in alignment with budget
- Ensure reconciliation of monthly project costs on the Incurred profile are reconciled with the AFE project asset additions in SAP each month and investigate differences.
- Support Procurement / SCM Service Center processes and initiatives as required and help ensure payments are made in accordance with contract terms.
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or related field
- Professional designation (CPA, PMP, CMA, CIA)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Project/Construction Accounting or business/financial analysis
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Accounting / Project Controls and business/financial analysis, highly preferable in the construction and/or oil and gas industry
- Strong computer skills and a solid knowledge of SAP and/or other Project / ERP, and Business Intelligence reporting systems are required