We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer to work in Pernis, NL on a Refinery on a 12-month assignment!
The Senior Process engineer for Plant change and Project development. For this vacancy we are looking for a process engineer with pipeline (buisleidingsystemen) design and engineering knowledge. This should include knowledge of NEN3650 and operational experience on pig launchers/receivers and pig run operations is.
The process engineering role consists of the following three categories
3) Unit support
- Chemical engineering education, academic thinking and working level with experience in the industry, preferably obtained while working at engineering contractors in process engineering or process safety design.
- Experience minimum 10 years.
- Good knowledge of refining processes in general.
- Have good working knowledge in both English and Dutch and fluent in one of those.
- Have strong communication skills as well as the ability to cooperate with external parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc).
- Prior manufacturing experience is strongly desired along with process engineering experience and experience with the development of projects.
- “VCA-vol” qualification is a requirement before starting activities, in view of necessity to do site visits.
- Having knowledge of applicable codes and standards (API/RTOD/ASME/PED) in the petrochemical industry, knowledge specifically with the Shell internal standard DEP and Dutch legislative requirements would be an advantage.
- Able to use process simulator PROII to perform flash calculations, and more complex simulations, when required.
- Able to review the quality and completeness engineering documents. Able to pinpoint problem areas and bring forward creative solutions considering a minimum technical scope philosophy.
- Proficient and flexible with IT systems and software.
- Physical condition should be such that actual construction and line-up of the process systems can be verified in the field and all visible and audible warning signals can be detected.
The candidate for this Process Engineer role is expected to:
- Value and respect all People/Integrity/Customer Focus/Act for the Greater Whole.
- Manage a diverse work list with varying length of timelines, varying levels of urgency, interrelationships and varying stakeholders.
- Independent, be proactive and able to find his/her way in a complex refinery environment, working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and the other Engineering disciplines to ensure thorough and complete communication of process issues at hand.
- Taking the lead when necessary to facilitate problem resolution when the problem requires Process Engineering knowledge and expertise.
- Ensure Process Engineering activities are conducted fully in line with the company.
If you are interested in this role, know someone who might, or if you could be interested in a similar upcoming role, please reach out at Beatriz.email@example.com!