Senior Process Engineer
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Senior Process Engineer to work within their facilities located in London.
Within this position you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership to teams to achieve project objectives.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Report on schedule and progress against plan for work activities and projects
- Share tasks with their teams, and support the team through coaching
- Be commercially and risk aware, suggesting alternative revenue and spending plans, reviewing risk elements and proposing mitigation schemes to projects & management in areas including HSE, HAZOP, technical and commercial risk
- Produce structured reports with clear content and format, and make formal Process Technical Presentations externally and internally to the company
- Support business improvement, preparing suggestions for review by the lead engineer
- Use and understand the background of corporate guidelines, departmental systems and procedures, propose and produce drafts on improvements for review
- Be capable of fulfilling a range of tasks and duties, often simultaneously, discussing priorities with management
- Have skills in persuasion and assertion, presenting cases to projects and departmental management, negotiating a position where necessary
- Be adaptable, demonstrating that they have met change(s) in technology and working practices, and have developed multiple skills
- Have reacted positively to challenges, and coped with pressure of work
- Demonstrate experience in teams of 6 or more staff on major projects
- Be interacting on a daily or weekly basis with clients or prospective clients, internal management and departmental teams
- Both produce and check others’ Project Design Basis documentation, project execution plans & schedule updates
- Provide technical expertise in two or more process technologies (e.g. oil & gas production, gas treating, NGL recovery, LNG, refining or petrochemicals units)
- Successfully apply their knowledge of unit operations (fluid flow, separation, heat transfer, mass transfer, etc.)
- Produce process deliverables: PFDs, philosophies, P&IDs, data sheets, supervise simulations for the complete process technology and guide others in these tasks; both input and review the work of others as necessary
- Have had significant input to engineering phases of many projects and will also have experience of two other phases (from commissioning, detailed engineering, basic engineering, studies).
- A Chartered Engineer who has taken responsible roles with a contractor or company engineering department on at least 4 FEED projects using various different process technologies.