Senior Process Development Chemist
Key Skills: Chemical Process Development, Themocatalysis, Biocatalysis, Synthetic Routes.
Location: Limburg, Netherlands
Contract: This is a permanent position
Salary / Package: Competitive salary; company bonus; very attractive pension scheme
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Strategic Recruiters: Maria Sant’Anna, Thiago Chicolte
Key words: Process Development, Senior Chemist, Senior Development Chemist, Senior Process Scientist, Biochemical, Flow Chemistry, Biocatalysis, Chemocatalysis, Photochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Senior Scientist, Chemicals, Fine Chemicals, Principle Scientist, Senior Developer, Engineer, Chemist, Analyst
We are a chemical research and development group founded by passionate and over 25 years experienced scientists, applying innovative and cost-efficient technologies to advance competitiveness of our customers across the chemical industries. You will have a challenging, exciting job with many opportunities for personal and team contributions while interacting with leading experts in the field of industrial organic chemistry. The atmosphere is open with plenty of interaction with professionals, in R&D as well as in business. We have partnered with Airswift to support us with our recruitment.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Scale up and implement (bio)chemical processes on pilot plant and production scale
- Translate a chemical route into unit operations in a production plant
- identify the critical items during scale up of a production process
- Estimate the investments needed for a production plant, as well as (other) fixed and variable costs
- Rank various synthetic routes according to both technical feasibility as well as to commercial relevance.
- Train junior colleagues with scale-up experience
- Work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- 2 degrees: a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in organic chemistry and in chemical engineering.
- At least 10-15 years of hands-on industrial experience in (bio)chemical process development, scale up and implementation of (bio)chemical processes on pilot plant and production scale.
- Knowledge of chemical route and unit operations in a production plant
- Ability to identify the critical items of a production process
- Experience in estimating the investments needed for a production plant - fixed and variable costs;
- Wide knowledge of various organic synthetic routes.
- Comprehension of chemocatalysis or biocatalysis
- Fluent in written and oral English
The next step:
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our strategic recruiters with Airswift, Maria Sant’Anna or Thiago Chicolte.