Airswift are looking for an experienced power systems engineer for one of our clients. The successful candidate shall be working with the national connections team who has extensive experience in power systems analysis, consultative engineering and development of electricity transmission systems and providing guidance to junior and graduate power systems engineers.
Reporting to the head of Renewables, this role is based in Melbourne. The role delivers specialist technical expertise relating to complex electrical power systems problems. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced power systems engineer to grow their career with a leading pioneer within the renewable energy sector.
Location – Melbourne
Duration – Full time – Permanent
- Provide technical leadership and authority while representing the organisation at both internal and external forums
- Provide expert advice to NSPs and connection applicants on technical issues.
- Lead connection projects and provide expert guidance and solutions for technical issues
- Conceptualise, develop and implement innovative solutions to complex technical problems through engineering skill and knowledge
- Provide expert technical leadership and knowledge to the connection and power systems team
- Resolve modelling, generator and system performance issues and provide technical solutions.
- Prepare, review and approve detailed technical reports
- Proactively drives to expand the organisation’s position and reputation as the trusted advisor to Developers, Market Participants, Government Agencies and other stakeholders
- Be an active member of professional working groups to raise the organisation’s profile and inject key technical matters into the international forum of engineering and energy systems
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or other discipline relevant to power systems analysis
- Experience of power systems analysis simulation applications such as PSCAD, PSSE V32-V34, DIgSILENT, PowerFactory
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in power systems analysis and engineering with expertise in electrical power systems dynamics and stability concepts and assessment techniques.
- Understanding of the key commercial and legal issues impacting on large scale infrastructure projects
- Electricity Industry and Regulatory understanding, in particular generator technical requirements
- Experience in client facing roles requiring well developed interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience liaising with government regulatory bodies such as AEMO
- Extensive experience in the analysis and development of electricity transmission systems
- General understanding of the role and functions of the organisation and the operation of National Electricity Market
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.