Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Portfolio Analyst to work within their facilities located in Doha, Qatar for a 3years contract assignment.
Perform economic analyses of LNG spot sales or diversion opportunities; provide pricing recommendations and evaluate other short-term business opportunities in the organization LNG value chain.
Job Context & Major Challenge
• Decisions have to be made in a multi-venture environment where ventures are financially independent but have common operations and facilities. The Organization LNG ventures operate under complex fiscal rules agreed with the State of Qatar requiring advanced economic modelling and evaluation to ensure LNG spot sales and diversions add value over alternatives.
• The short-term LNG market is a lot more complex and dynamic than envisaged when the Organization LNG ventures were established. New complex types of opportunities regularly emerge with regards to
purchase arrangements; optionality and pricing for the LNG – requiring customised modelling and analysis whilst maintaining accuracy of results.
• Increased competition in the short-term LNG market means business activity is commonly performed under significant time pressures in order to maintain deal negotiation and cargo delivery time lines.
• Short-term diversion or spot sale revenue uplift and optimisation are a significant source of shareholder value. Accordingly, processes and decision-making may be directly reviewed by shareholders.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Perform analysis of short-term LNG sales opportunities and the prevailing market in order to
provide timely and accurate results and recommendations on venture allocation and minimum
as well as target pricing. Conducts analyses of existing LNG supply agreements with respect to
potential changes to pricing and other terms as required.
2. Prepare bespoke analyses for the evaluation of other short-term business opportunities or
issues arising in the Organization LNG value chain such as amendment of the Development & Fiscal
Agreements between QG Ventures and the State of Qatar; pipeline gas supplies or swapping
LNG deliveries with other suppliers.
3. Provide spot I short-term sale and value uplift reporting to management and shareholders
such as for the Organization Marketing Committee.
4. Develop analyses on short-term LNG market pricing dynamics and trends in relation to the QG
ventures sales portfolio in order to suggest actionable recommendations for optimisation as
an input into the preparation and execution of short-term LNG Marketing Strategies and Plans.
5. Lead the development and validation of assigned areas of short-term economic evaluation
principles, tools, systems and procedures. Operates the maintenance and controls protocols
to ensure their ongoing integrity and fitness-for-purpose. Liaises with Finance group to ensure
appropriate calibration with the actual booking of costs and revenues.
6. Perform a peer review of analyses prepared within the Portfolio Analysis section to ensure
accuracy of results and applicability of recommendations.
7. Maintains and manages the LNG and products price data system for utilization in own
evaluations and throughout the C&S group.
8. Document and analyze business processes as an input into the development of business
systems by external vendors in liaison with them and IT Department.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field.
• 8 years professional experience in an analytical or marketing role in the hydrocarbon industry including 5 years in the wider LNG industry.
• Competent in all aspects of economic analysis, controls systems, financial reporting and project management.
• Good understanding of energy markets in general and LNG market fundamentals in particular
• Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to develop and present formal presentations to internal, external and senior audiences.
• High levels of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as is the ability to develop, implement and maintain models and information management systems.
• Competent in Economic and Risk Modelling, Presenting, Gas and LNG Supply I Demand Fundamentals.
• Competent in Contracting and Developing Agreements, and Commercial Project Management.