SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER
Location: Hybrid (Remote working / Fitzrovia, London, UK)
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, further extensions possible. Inside IR35 (PAYE / Umbrella)
Project: EV Charging Programme
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
An integral part of our transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g. Germany, UK, Spain and Portugal. Our mission is to create the fastest and most reliable charger network in the markets we operate in. We are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are looking to hire a Senior Planning Engineer to provide expertise in support of the EV Charging Programme currently being implemented across key locations throughout Europe. This is an opportunity to be part of the energy transition initiative in electrification for future mobility and solutions; you will join a business with an envious position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we shape the EV charging market in key regions.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and operation of a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities, performance management and reporting, and the integration of schedules from internal and third party sources into the overall project planning process for global programme of installed EV charging base.
Key Results / Accountabilities
- Develop and assure integrity of the project level 1 and Master Control Schedule, provide post update analysis, ensuring the project team are aware of key changes and impact to critical /near critical paths.
- Ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of planning and progress measurement
- Provide planning support to the central Controls leadership Team to ensure compliance with the Planning and performance management
- Provide quality assurance of detailed schedules covering activities through to the start of operations;
- Provide quality assurance & support for planning activities of the contractors chosen to execute the program of work;
- Ensure that schedule learning from complementary work in other Business Units and external companies is appropriately utilized;
- Assist in developing the schedule process, system and procedures to support the program; - Assess contractors and vendors schedule submittals for conformance with requirements;
- Provide assurance that the contractors schedule systems interface and progress measurement is effectively implemented and consistently applied;
- Promote collaborative information sharing with team members and contractors.
- Continuously improving the planning strategy, plans and procedures
- Ensure contractor compliance with contractual planning, scheduling and reporting requirements
- Satisfying business requirements and the expectations of stakeholders
- Communicating the plan effectively across the organisation, understanding the importance of the yearly targets and driving to deliver
Essential Experience / Job Requirements
- Demonstrable track record planning delivery with experience of 5+ years covering the accountabilities relevant to the job description described herein, gained on medium to large scale size projects:
- Proven track-record of managing schedules for projects, including communication of complex schedule information to senior management (e.g. development of Level 1 plans to describe interfaces between multiple near-critical paths)
- Ability and proven skills to engage and work within a multifunctional discipline team to establish high levels of cooperation and credibility for the planning function when working with the project team.
- Experience of early-stage planning for medium to large projects (pre-execute) to understand the wider project context
- Influencing and communication skills in English language.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Able to create a performance culture that is designed to deliver success:
- Excellent inter-personal skills and behaviours
- Ability to produce good quality written reports and summary presentations – able to communicate clarity from complexity.
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerApps, PowerBI and ability to adapt quickly to new ‘digital’ technologies.
- Able to use Primavera version 6 (P6) and Microsoft Project planning software
- Adaptable in Planning approach, recognising the most appropriate form of Planning in each situation and being to implement unfamiliar processes.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work closely with other Project Control functions such as Cost Control & Information Management
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- A member of ACostE or project management accreditation
- Knowledge of the EV market and the issues around an EV charging network
- Experience with Telecommunications or Automotive industry
- Experience in production planning
- Ability to also speak any of the following languages: Spanish, Mandarin, German, French