Our Client an International EPC Company are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to be based in their offices in Paris, France. The role will be offered with a 6 month renewable contract and a negotiable daily rate or monthly salary
As Senior Planner you’ll be part of the Planning department resource pool. The role is responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of all planning activities within a project/ tender including interface with other Project Controls roles.
- Be the focal point of contact for all activity related to planning on a project or tender(s)
- Develop robust baseline schedule & reporting tools, including S-curves & float table, to ensure timely delivery of the project.
- Be forecast oriented, anticipating and alerting at early stage issues & impacts
- Understand projects/ tenders’ requirements; identify & address planning scenarios and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Prepare schedule basis document for client and internal use when working on project or tender; provide clarity on assumptions, critical paths, float, risks and opportunity.
- Development of project specific procedures including Work Breakdown Structure and progress measurement methods in accordance with Client's requirements.
- Organise flow of planning and progress information with internal and external sources, including establishing reporting routines for sub-contractors and follow up of progress.
- Prepare reports as per internal process & project’ specification: progress, critical paths, float management, deviations, forecast
- Review, verify accuracy & implement sub-contractors plans into main schedule/plan
- Review, verify accuracy & implement disciplines detailed plans into main schedule/plan
- Assure that schedule impact of changes related to the scope of the contract get analysed in due time and implemented into relevant plans and be pro-active in early identification of deviations and corrective actions
- Ideally have a degree in Engineering or relatable discipline
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Relevant previous experience as a Planning Engineer in the subsea or offshore environment.
- Advanced knowledge in key areas of planning techniques and analysis
- A good understanding of current Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Offshore Installation processes in the Oil and Gas Sector