Senior Planner Engineer
Location: Manchester or London, England
Contract type: 12-month contract (possible extension)
Time Frame: Start ASAP
Work Rhythm: 40 hours / week (Mon – Fri)
Contract Language: English
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
PAYE / Inside IR 35
Key Words: Planning; Scheduling; chemicals; plant; EPC; process; large capital project
Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. We are more than 48k of employees, present in more than 49 countries. Our goal is to deliver a more sustainable world.
We are rapidly expanding our capabilities within the low carbon and Energy Transition sectors and our Project Delivery team will bring experience and track record from a range of industry sectors to ensure similar standards are maintained as we assist our clients, partners, and projects in transitioning to a more sustainable world.
Our commitment to People, Planet and Sustainability is demonstrated in our broader ambitions in the energy transition space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCM packages.
Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with us.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of schedules and associated documents.
- Tasked with preparing and maintaining resource loaded schedules for sub-elements of major projects.
- Maintaining the schedules and reporting any variances or issues related to them.
- Carrying out all works in compliance with corporate and Project specific procedures.
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, initiative and drive.
- Required to communicate effectively with others adjusting style content to the audience.
- Required to show commitment to and promote Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Experience in construction / IAP scheduling
- Good understanding of earned value & multiple WBS management
- Excellent team working and the ability to participate in multi-functional meetings
- Primavera P6 102.
- Previous Planning Experience, responsible for construction campaigns
- Knowledge of various electronic project controls applications
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.